- IT: Development
- Oak Brook, IL, USA
- Full Time
This person will work with subject matter experts to build and deploy custom web applications. The candidate must be comfortable working in existing code bases as well as working in small, fast-paced, agile and non-agile teams. Sound judgment, excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong technical leadership with the ability to drive decisions through consensus and influence change are a must.
- Managing a small team while still being hands on and debugging tough problems.
- Develop proof of concept(s) to support new feature investigations and feasibility studies.
- Meet organization objectives by delivering comprehensive websites/applications.
- Collaborate with project teams to ensure deliverables are met successfully and with customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with other developers to share knowledge and stay abreast of technology trends.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time with quality and maintainability.
- Improve/enhance our internal frameworks to achieve a better end result for our customers.
- Be responsible for code quality and use of best practices across the development team through code reviews and knowledge exchange sessions.
- A computer science or similar degree in technology (or equivalent experience)
- Proficient with SQL, SQL Server
- Knowledge of version control tools like Git, and development methodologies
- Experience with Elastic Cloud, Redshift, Amazon EC2 is a plus
- Experience designing and supporting internal and external facing REST APIs
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and programming
- TDD experience a plus
- Experience working closely with QA and Ops teams to deliver quality code
- Ability to work autonomously and ask for assistance when needed
- Excellent logical reasoning, multi-tasking and analytical skills
- Ability to understand, analyze and solve problems
- Desire to have fun while working with a team to solve real world problems using
- Strong verbal and written communication skills