- Oak Brook, IL, USA
- Full Time
Description: Manages production staff in generation of journal elements, responsible for quality control, and responsible for production.
- Daily management of editorial, image, and electronic media production staff for journal production including:
- prioritizing and assigning tasks;
- providing guidance in matters of layout, technical styles, and image processing;
- training in new shortcuts, techniques, and projects.
- Maintains quality control of journal elements: text coding, image files, page proofs, bluelines, and press checks.
- Monitors the effectiveness of and makes recommendations regarding approaches and technologies as applied to the visual presentation of scientific material.
- Assists in the implementation of new software and procedures.
- Maintains Production Procedure Manual.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and develops production staff.
- Serves as production representative to outside vendors.
- Helps research, select and implement content workflow management system, ensuring continued and complete content archiving for subsequent retrieval, reprocessing, and redistribution.
- Coordinates the acquisition, maintenance and archiving of all production related content.
- Oversees the production of:
- Journals, including image editing, building arrays, coding and data transfer of text files, A- page layouts, imposition, and bluelines;
- RSNA Annual Meeting Program, Daily Bulletin/Technical Guide and AUR Program.
- Exercises the necessary leadership and decision-making in production to ensure workflow continuity.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years supervisory experience
- 5 years Adobe Creative Suite, with emphasis on Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat Professional
- 5 years Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- 2 years working knowledge of databases including content workflow (K4)
- Experience working effectively with outside vendors to achieve goals of the department
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good judgment and decision making
- Problem solving ability