- Education Center
- Oak Brook, IL, USA
- Full Time
Description: Produces online continuing medical education courses and enters content into a Learning Management System using predesigned templates and authoring tool shells.
- Using predesigned production templates, enter and update educational content, including graphics, formatting and text.
- Use established production techniques and procedures, as well as audio-visual editing software and a variety of authoring tools to adjust, modify, reformat, or edit existing educational content as directed.
- Follow established procedures to publish new online content to the RSNA Learning Management System.
- Improve existing educational content for aesthetic on-screen appeal by reformatting using spatial recognition skills.
- Conduct quality control tests on produced educational programs, including spelling, grammar, on-screen aesthetics, functionality, and accuracy of entered content.
- Collect, organize and track production deliverables including permission agreements, faculty disclosure information, activity-specific ACCME documentation, project progress, quality control steps and release procedures.
- Assist with updating and maintaining master product inventory by adding and expiring products from the Education Center portfolio.
- Support the Education Center Instructional Design team with trouble-shooting online education functionality in response to end user inquiries, software and/or browser version updates.
- Create design templates, process instructions and quality control documentation when necessary.
- Assist with procuring copyright permission for educational content.
- Serve, in a back-up capacity, to answer customer service inquiries (phone calls and emails) for Education Center offerings.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Knowledge of basic audio-visual editing principles
- Experience using the basics of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, audio-visual editing software (preferably Adobe Premiere Pro) and Adobe Acrobat
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Basic experience and knowledge of mobile devices, tablets, various browsers
- Comfortable with regular software updates/upgrades
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Ability to problem solve
- Comfortable speaking with customers
- Not required, but familiarity with Learning Management Systems, Microsoft 365, Dropbox, HTML5, responsive design a plus.