- IT: Solutions Architecture
- Oak Brook, IL, USA
- Full Time
Description: This role is a unique opportunity within our IT division for a high performing and energetic Data Architect (DA) who will help shape our core business and technology. The DA will define the strategy, principles, vision and standards for data within the RSNA, and will work with the data governance team to create the data framework, governance and roadmap necessary to attain this vision. This individual will work with strategic and tactical requirements to fulfill business needs. The DA will partner with business stakeholders, the solution architect and the data management team to build an optimized enterprise data architecture.
This individual will be responsible for the design, structure and maintenance of data across the organization. They will develop data models, logical workflows and create a repository of data architecture artifacts. With an agile mindset, they will lead a team of Database Administrators and ETL Developers to logically and physically define how data will be stored, integrated and managed for implementation and consumption. Excellent leadership and project management skills will be required to manage the team in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment, but this individual will still need to maintain discipline and focus on business goals.
- Work with Solutions Architect, DevOps, Business Analysts and IT Development to align data strategy and data architecture with RSNA's business goals.
- Create logical data models with elements and business rules that enable the implementation of the intended RSNA business architecture.
- Coordinate and manage DBAs and ETL developers to ensure physical architecture adheres to logical data models.
- Optimize RSNA enterprise data architecture to support various business needs across its transactional, operational & analytical applications.
- Be the steward of enterprise metadata architecture and standards, enterprise data lifecycle management and enterprise data artifacts.
- Define, document, and implement standard data, data hierarchies, data integration, and enterprise metrics.
- Identify technical trend opportunities for enterprise data and performance improvement.
- Develop and deploy data policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology within RSNA.
- Manages the Data team by providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship. Works to build employee knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field; Master's degree preferred.
- At least 9 years of experience with database design, development, and administration with at least 4 years related to data management responsibility or data architecture design and implementation.
- Experience and / or thorough understanding of the following are required; Database Design, Data Modeling, Big Data, Data Warehousing, and Reporting and Visualization.
- Successful track record in the design and implementation of data models, metadata solutions and data management solutions.
- Experience in data architecture and data governance is required.
- At least 5 years experience with RDBMS such as SQL Server and MySQL.
- Hands on experience with NoSQL solutions such as MongoDB and Elastic.
Hands on experience with cloud based data solutions such as Amazon Aurora or Microsoft Azure.
- Hands on experience with data warehouse and big data products such as Redshift.
- Experience building and deploying ETL packages.
- Experience in data modeling tools.
- Ability to be hands-on and lead teams that support the enterprise.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills are a must.
- Strong leadership skills and project management experience are a must.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Exceptional people skills and the ability to lead and work well with cross functional teams.
- Proactive "go-getter", agile mind-set, and self-starter with the ability to prioritize and clearly communicate priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.